Today smart phones have revolutionized Engineering Computations. Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) is now more easy and accessible with help of android tablets and phones.
CalculiX CrunchiX Solver – ccx is one of the most powerful Multiphysics GNU Finite Element Solver. This post is about how to compile and run gnu ccx on android. The code tested on HTC Incredible S and Android version 2.3.3.
If you are familiar with ccx or you can execute abaqus inp files using ccx, then, this script is helpful to you. Following steps show how to compile and run ccx on android.
1. Install Prerequisite Apps in Android:
a. Required android apps:
- GNURoot Wheezy by Corbin Champion
- GNURoot by Corbin Champion
- Free disk space on sdcard (better to have more than 6GB) and internal memory (better to have more than 500MB).
b. Required packages on Rootfs of GNURoot (Wheezy arm os):
2. Compiling ccx:
- Open GNUROOT
- Launch rootfs as fake root
- Download the script by following command:
Or you can use tar files of cxbuild4mob. Untar and use it. Do not forget to go through readme file inside tar folder. Link of tar file is:
- Make script executable and then run it. Estimate downloading and compilation time for ccx is about 3 hours.
3. How to use ccx on Android:
- Open GNURoot
- Check Launch as Fake Root option then press Launch Rootfs button.
- Change current directory to folder where inp file exists. Verify by ls command and then run it under ccx.
- Check for errors in ccx log.
- Verify output files.