- icedove, for email client, to install from root terminal:
- iceweasel, for browser (its same firefox but with removed copyright content i.e., mozilla logo and its brand name firefox), to install from root terminal:
- libreoffice, gnu/gpl office software as openoffice is now voilating opensource licenses, to install:
- unrar, program for extracting rar archive files, to install:
- opensource matlab, scilab, to install:
- eclipse ide with jdk, to install:
and to install cdt (c++ development tools for eclipse):
. To install g++ and its debugger:
- ffmpeg, for audio/video codec converter, to install:
- kdenlive, for video/audio editing, to install:
- qcad, for 2d engineering cad/cam. to install:
- Never experiment with production system.
- Never install software outside from repo or from source code.
- Always backup on regular basis and before experimenting with new package.
- Some guide, tips and solution given on different sites are outdated and doesn’t work with your current distro. Check date of upload of these guides.